When I’m offline, I can still read my email thanks to Cached Exchange Mode. However, I don’t have access to my Public Folders anymore. Is there some way I can cache these as well?
Yes, that is possible, but it is a 2 step process.
Step 1: Enable caching on Public Folder Favorites
- Right click on the root of your mailbox and choose Properties
- Click the Advanced… button
- Click the Advanced tab
- Enable “Download Public Folder Favorites”
- Confirm the notification, close all open Outlook dialogs and restart Outlook as instructed
Step 2: Add the Public Folder to your Favorites
- Browse to the Public Folder you want to cache
- Right click on the Public Folder and choose Add to Favorites…
- Optionally you can click on the Options>> button to configure how subfolders should be handled
- Press OK
Note: be careful of which and how many Public Folders you want to cache as Public Folders can sometimes be very large. You’ll download all this data in an ost-file on your hard disk and a really large ost-file could result in poor performance.