In previous versions of Word I was able to send a Word document as the body of a new message by clicking the envelope button on the Toolbar. In Word 2007 I can only find the option to send it as an attachment. Is this option gone?
To be honest; I first thought this option to be gone as well but there is quite a list of commands in Word 2007 which are hidden or otherwise not directly available via a button in the new Ribbon layout.
You can still easily use these commands though by adding them to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) the following way;
- In Word click on the Office logo at the left top and choose Word Options.
- On the left, select the Customize section.
- Set the “Choose command from” drop down list to “Commands Not in the Ribbon”.
- Select “Send to Mail Recipient” and click the button “Add > >”
- Press OK to close the dialog.
- The command will now show up in the Quick Access Toolbar at the top of your Word window.
Note that both Excel 2007 and PowerPoint 2007 also have the “Send to Mail Recipient” option available as a “hidden” option and can be added in the same way.