When I had Word set as my email editor, I had the option to directly insert a picture from a scanner or camera via the Insert menu. That option is now gone after I have switched to Outlook 2007.
Is there any way to get this functionality back?
The feature still exists although it quite a bit more hidden and only part of the Microsoft Clip Organizer now.
- Create a new message and select the Insert tab.
- Press the Clip Art button.
- In the Clip Art pane choose the Organize clips… link at the bottom.
- In the Microsoft Clip Organizer dialog that pops up, choose File-> Add Clips to Organizer-> From Scanner or Camera…
- In the dialog select the scanner that you want to use and the quality and then press the Insert button.
- When the scan has completed, close the Microsoft Clip Organizer dialog.
- Back in the Outlook message, type “scan” in the “Search for:” field of the Clip Art pane.
(scanned imaged are automatically tagged with the word “scan”)
- Click on the scanned image to insert it.