I just reinstalled my computer but did not save the nk2-file to maintain my autocomplete list.
Is there any way I can quickly fill it with all my contacts at once instead of waiting for the list to rebuild itself again?
You can directly fill the list again by creating a new message addressed to all your contacts at once. There is no need to actually send this message.
- Create a new message.
- Press the To… button.
- Select the contact list in the right top corner from which you would like to add the contacts from.
Examples; Contacts folder, Global Address List (GAL) or a contacts folder in a Public folder.
- Select the first contact.
- Scroll all the way down to your last contact.
- Hold the SHIFT button on your keyboard while clicking on the last contact to select them all.
- Press the To –> button to add them all to the To… field.
- Repeat step 3 to 7 if you have contacts in additional lists that you would like to add.
- Press OK to close the dialog and to return to the newly created message.
- Close the message and press No when prompted to save changes.
Now when you address a new message the AutoSuggest feature will pop-up again.
Note 1: The maximum number of contacts that can be cached is 1000. If you have more contacts then that, not all of them will be added.
Note 2: See this post in case you want to remove certain addresses from the AutoSuggest list again.
Note 3: See this post for alternative methods of automatically resolving names from your Address Book.
Note 4: When using Outlook 2002, after step 9, you must click the Check Names button before it will write the names to the cache.