Is there a way to have Outlook always ask for a read receipt if an email is sent to a specific email address?
I know I can do it for all emails going out, but I just want the system to automatically request one if the email is going to a specific address.
You can achieve this by creating an outgoing message rule.
- Tools-> Rules and Alerts…
- New Rule…
- In the section “Start from a blank rule” choose;
Check messages after sending
- In the next screen you can select the conditions.
In our case we select “sent to people or distribution list”
- In the bottom screen, click “people or distribution list” to select the address(es) from your Address Book.
- Click Next to go to the Actions screen
- Here select “notify me when it is read”
- Click next to advance to the next screen to set any exceptions when needed.
- Once you’ve done that (or don’t need that), click Next to give the rule a name.
- Click Finish and then OK to close the open windows.