I want to send a message that that contains an index which people can click on. So they can click on a topic and it will directly jump to that section within the email.
How can I do this?
You can create such a table of contents (TOC) by using a combination of bookmarks and hyperlinks.
For this to work in Outlook 2003 and previous, you’ll first have to make sure that you have Word set as the email editor;
Tools-> Options…-> tab Mail Format
- First, type you message and write out your index as well.
- Go to a location that you want your users to jump to and choose;
- Type a name for the bookmark and press Add.
- Now select the text in the index that you want the receiver to click.
- Choose; Insert-> Hyperlink
- Click the Bookmark… button in the Insert Hyperlink dialog.
- Select the bookmark you want the receiver to jump to.
- Press OK and OK again to close all the open dialogs.